Tuesday, May 4, 2010

White Wednesday...

Welcome to "White Wednesday" hosted by Kathleen at FADED CHARM COTTAGE.

A few close up photo's of my mosaic high top table and chair that are in my pool table/bar area. I purchased this set and another with the same pattern a number of years ago from Home Goods! I thought I could use them outside by my pool when I had a party and bring them back inside after. Well they never saw the light of day. I was so in love with them I wouldn't bring them outdoors, not even for a short while.
The other set is a regular height table and chair set. My favorite is the high top, though.




My plate collection purchased long ago from Home Goods, sits above the high top table and chair set. I love the pattern on the plates and the huge platter in the center is so pretty. I like the different shapes in this collection.
















Another wall with a few of the same patterned plates...





The third and final wall of plates. I love the cute wall pocket tin that I filled with white and pink roses. I made one for each of my four sister's so we would all have the same "heart" tin. Enough with the plates, my husband started calling the family room "the plate room". I think three walls of plates where plenty anyway!

It was a tough compromise doing the room as he had his ideas and I had mine. He wanted a "man cave" and of course I wasn't going to let that happen. I did let him have one wall by the bar area that has 80's Michelob Bar Photos of girls with really, really, big, yes big.... hair!! I had to give into letting him hang something from the days when we used to own a neighborhood bar. That's another chapter of our life and I'll save that for another time.







I'll leave you with a picture of my apple tree from my front yard. It just blossomed a few days ago and won't stay white for long, sigh...



Please be sure to visit Kathleen at FADED CHARM COTTAGE and see what she and other participants are sharing.

Thank you for visting, your sweet comments are so appreciated, I read each and everyone!






13 comments:

  1. Thank goodness this didn't become a Man-cave! Good on you Kim!

    I love the pretty plates and the way you have displayed them...I love everything actually!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever did we do before Home Goods?

    My car drives there all by itself some days, and I have just have to ride along. :)

    Happy WW!

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful........also, nice compromise with the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Flower Shop Gurl (love your name:-) The mosaic table and chairs is gorgeous! I love the way the plates have a "tufted" look center... I am crazy for all things tufted:-)
    Thanks for visiting!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by, and I love your post! That table/chair trio is SOOO pretty. love it. And I am plate/platter girl too... I believe I have that same little heart pocket if it is like a pressed tin shabby chic look. Got it at Goodwill, and Love it so much. You did an awesome job of filling it.
    Enjoyed my visit Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful set!! Love the little heart wall pocket too! Your blog background is very pretty ~ thanks so much for stopping by! Now I am going to peek at some more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mosiac table. Thanks for sharing with us today and hopw you are enjoying your week.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Kim ~ Thanks for stopping by ~ You've got some pretty nice plates as well. We just can't help ourselves I guess. Im glad your space didn't end up with a man cave theme. Sometimes when I click my heels together ~ my slippers take me to Homegoods:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos you have shared. I love the mosaic table and chairs.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful! I understand why you don't want to bring it outdoors!
    Thanks for stopping by, and for your lovely comment.
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your apple tree is awesome. We have a cherry tree much like yours and sad but true, the blossoms do not last long enough!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog, too.

    Ciao,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful plates, I love the ones with the diamond pattern in the middle. Thank you for stopping to see my Mother's day whites.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so pretty! I have a small mosiac table...much smaller than yours that I thought about putting outside and using for a plant stand and that never happened either. It has stayed inside. lol
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. Won't you take a moment to let me know you visited.