Monday, May 3, 2010

Making the World Cuter Monday...

Welcome to "Making the World Cuter Monday" hosted by Tiffany!

This week I decided I would work on a project that I have wanted to do for over a year. I had all the supplies I needed already in the house, so this project was inexpensive, no running out to buy anything.





So I gathered up a jar, three different colored ribbons, buttons, a few nests, birds, white, blue and silver berries, strips of music sheets that I had curled, a tiny strand of pearls, some glue sticks, and my glue gun.



I then started to design my bottle, once I knew what I wanted to do I started to fill up the jar. I added a bit of fluffy snow, some blue and white buttons and some glittered twigs.



The jar was starting to look cute but it needed something more...but what?
I went to my stack of quotes and found just what I needed, it reads:

It is difficult to know at what moment love begins, it is less difficult to know that it has begun.

This was a perfect quote, as I was making this jar for someone special that is going through a very difficult time. I also knew that she would understand the meaning of the quote.



I then began to work on the top of the jar, I started to make a tassel like top. I used the music strips and loops of the three ribbons and some shimmery white pearls and glued them all together. Much like you would do if you where making a tassel.



Once I was done with my tassel and I was satisfied, I glued it to the top of my bottle.



I then began to design the bird nest. I added some Spanish moss, more of the curled music sheets, glittered twigs, some pretty buttons, berries, and some pearls. It was so sweet but something was missing, it needed some sparkle.





I went back to my craft supplies, grabbed some white glue, and white glitter, yay, glitter! I used some glue and glitter on the crown and tail of the sweet blue bird. But it needed more yet, so I glittered the nest. It came out so pretty, I'm very pleased.





Now for the scary part, I had to glue the nest to the top of the bottle, with a bit of fussing, I was able to get it to sit perfectly.



Ta-Dah, the completed bird jar, I just think it's darling and I'm sure birdie will be happy in it's new home. I know that it will be loved by the sweet girl who is going to receive it from me.





This took me longer to do as it was my first jar of this type. Generally when I do a new craft I always make three of the same thing. My friend Cheri taught me that. You have to make the first one to keep for yourself, and the others you can sell or give away. It's much easier to make more than one when you have all your supplies out anyways. And you are less likely to drag everything back out to do the project again.
Since it was very late when I made this only one has been made. I will, however, get everything back out soon and make some more. Perhaps, you will be the LUCKY recipient of one...



Please visit Tiffany at "Making the World Cuter Monday" and see what she and her participants are sharing today!

Thanks for visiting me, your sweet comments are always so appreciated!






1 comment:

  1. That is really pretty. I know a lot of work went into that. Thanks for coming by.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. Won't you take a moment to let me know you visited.