Sunday, May 30, 2010

MEMORIAL DAY WREATH for Metamorphosis Monday

Welcome to the 72ND Metamorphosis Monday hosted by Susan at "Between Naps on the Porch"! Susan has suggested that we all try something fun today! She would like us to try to visit the person who linked before us and after us...that way everyone will get some visits. I think that's a great idea...I really try to visit as many people as I possible can and I'm sure you do too!

I love to decorate the outside of my home for each season and always do! Since Memorial Day was approaching I needed to get busy and figure out what I was going to put on my door. I was going to buy a new wreath and then I realized I already had an old one that was already decorated but boy was it looking rather tired. I removed all the old things from it and added some nice shiny wired red ribbon.



Gathered up all different kinds of patriotic items...



I had some nice things to choose from....



I grabbed my glue gun and added a God Bless America picture that I purchased at the Christmas Tree Shop...



I had three blocks that say, America, Freedom and Liberty, also from the Christmas Tree Shop that were red, white and blue, just perfect...



I made a big Americana bow and attached that to the wreath with wire...





Gathered up some red berries to add some interest and tucked it in the wreath and hot glued them...





I had a spool of some old jute and three red, white and blue stars, I glued the stars to the jute to hang from the center of my wreath. I wired the jute to my wreath...





My finished Memorial Day wreath hung on my front door...





I hope you had a wonderful "Memorial Day" weekend!

Please stop and see what Susan at "Between Naps on the Porch" and her participants are sharing today! Thanks for visiting me, your sweet comments are always so appreciated!






2 comments:

  1. It turned out just right - I bet you keep this up for the Fourth too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out gorgeous! I love how you pulled in all the elements for your theme and they look so good together!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. Won't you take a moment to let me know you visited.