Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Wreath ~ Made for you Monday!

I love to decorate the outside of my home for each season and always do! Since Memorial Day was approaching I needed to get busy and figure out what I was going to put on my door. I was going to buy a new wreath and then I realized I already had an old one that was already decorated but boy was it looking rather tired. I removed all the old things from it and added some nice shiny wired red ribbon.



Gathered up all different kinds of patriotic items...



I had some nice things to choose from....



I grabbed my glue gun and added a God Bless America picture that I purchased at the Christmas Tree Shop...



I had three blocks that say, America, Freedom and Liberty, also from the Christmas Tree Shop that were red, white and blue, just perfect...



I made a big Americana bow and attached that to the wreath with wire...





Gathered up some red berries to add some interest and tucked it in the wreath and hot glued them...





I had a spool of some old jute and three red, white and blue stars, I glued the stars to the jute to hang from the center of my wreath. I wired the jute to my wreath...





My finished Memorial Day wreath hung on my front door...





I hope you had a wonderful "Memorial Day" weekend!

Please stop and see what "Made By You Monday" and her participants are sharing today! Thanks for visiting, your sweet comments are always so appreciated!






1 comment:

  1. very good. I made one too but different. we play ping pong Memorial weekend so I chose that as a theme.
    creationsbyladeeda.blogspot.com
    Following you now!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. Won't you take a moment to let me know you visited.