Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pink Saturday's Second Birthday Party...





Happy 2ND Birthday "PINK SATURDAY", I'm joining the party at Beverly's; How Sweet The Sound!

This week Beverly has over two hundred seventy eight participants for Pink Saturday. She has ten new participants, this week. I'm going to try to visit and welcome them all to Pink Saturday. I also want to remind you that Beverly is having a very generous giveaway that includes a pink rose-patterned carrying case, four placemats, raspberry preserves, watermelon cookies, shortbread cookies, pink floral spoonrest, pink picture frame, notecards, pink rose soap petals, pink rose-scented candle, Kona blend coffee and pink jellybeans. Visit Beverly's blog for more information on entering her giveaway!


My "PINK" table in celebration of Pink Saturday's 2ND Birthday...
Pull up a chair or have a seat on my comfy bench covered with a few pillows. The pink burlap pillow with roses and soft ruffles is a purchase from my blogging friend; Sissie. The other two pillows usually sit on my guest room bed.






The silver candelabra is from GW and is sitting on two pink gift boxes filled with European Chocolates, a girl has to have a gift if she's celebrating a birthday, so why not have chocolate? And since it's a 2ND Birthday I figured two boxes were a must!



Of course if you're having a party you should have some flowers for your table. I made this lovely French country arrangement by filling a tin bucket with Burgundy and White Rhinoculous, accented with Burgundy Forget Me Nots. The flowers are so dainty, I just love them!


I also filled this pretty water pitcher I found at GW this week with pink and white roses that I purchased at the Dollar Tree.




I love the delicate spray of pink roses...





The candle light from the different height candles add a sweet twinkle to my table. The tall candle sticks and green pillar candles are from Home Goods, the smaller pink pillars are from the Christmas Tree Shop and as mentioned earlier the silver candelabra is from GW.





Since I'm fairly new to tablescaping and pink Saturday I have just started collecting pink dishes, etc. I didn't have enough plates so I've mixed some of my GW platters, GW plates and GW bowls on top of the pink chargers I purchases at JC Penney. I also layered my white dishes I purchased at TJ Maxx recently. The pink placemats where purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond.













I like the look of the mixed matched dishes and I think it adds more interest to the table. Some of the platters are very old and a bit worn but that's fine with me.





The pink sheer napkins and pink glittery napkin rings are from Bittersweet Inn and where found at Home Goods on clearance; a set of four napkins with rings for $3.00.





I layered my table with a white tablecloth topped with a pink floral quilted throw that is from my guest room bed. I purchased the throw a few months ago at Home Goods along with the pillows on my bench.





The "TWEET" little white birdie salt and pepper shakers are from Home Goods.





My rose teapot was found a few weeks ago at SA, so cute.





I'm amazed at how many things on this pretty, romantic, pink table were found at thrift shops. It goes to show you that you don't have to spend a lot of money to make a really nice dinner special. I bet if you shopped your home and put your things together you would be surprised as to what you can do with your different collections.

Happy Pink Saturday, I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and for leaving your very sweet comments.



I know you're in a hurry to get to Beverly's but please grab a cupcake before you go!






16 comments:

  1. I would have not known you were new to tablescaping, your table looks heavenly. You know how much Beverly loves roses... your decorations are lovely. You even have a rosebud teapot, I lOVE that.

    Hope you are having a wonderful time bloghoppin' and having fun on Beverly's 2nd birthday. I know I am, I am on my 60+ piece of cake... I am on one sugar high and ready for the next party.

    Happy Pink Celebration Saturday and Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful table. I love all your pinks and how you have mixed and matched the table. Wonderful. I am new to your blog and I am enjoying my visit and I will be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,
    I cannot say enough about your lovely table that you have set in celebration of Pink Saturday's 2nd birthday! I am in love with everything!!! The pink charger plates are 2di4
    and the spread used as a tablecloth is perfect.
    Your table looks set for a queen. It's all so pretty, you have exquisite taste.

    Thank you for mentioning my pillow creation. It looks lovely on your bench.

    You are so sweet and I am really enjoying you and your blog.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful in here that I don't want to leave. Your table is eye candy and I could stare at it all day. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday! Love your pics! Hope to see you at my blog! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you I will help myself to one of your pretty cupcakes!

    What a lovely time I have had at your pink party.

    Happy Pink Saturday Kim!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kim :) My, what a beautiful table you have set for us ! Love everything! I think I'll just sit here for a spell and enjoy your company :)

    Happy Pink Saturday to you!

    Warmest always, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pink party! I so need those plates :0)Happy Pink Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty table setting...I love it. Happy PS!!...and I was drooling over your plate collectione!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today's tables etting was so feminine withe thepastel pink and white. I thought the mix and match was tasteful.
    Glad you dropped by and hope to see you again, soon.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much pinkalicious eye candy here! I adore the pink and white plates! I have a tea cup and saucer with that pattern and it's my favorite!! A lovley table for this PS celebration! The cupcakes stole my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post. Hope you had a wonderful Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That table is just stunning- I'd be honored to be a guest at such a table!

    Happy PS!

    In Shoes We Trust,
    Maggie Mae
    "Do these shoes match this purse?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so pretty! I like to mix and match dishes too. It just makes it more interesting! Can I have a cupcake yet???? Please?!

    Happy PS,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, this definitely is pink eye candy! I've been meaning to join Pink Saturday myself, even though I don't have much pink 'stuff'!
    I love everything about this table. A great idea to use the pink quilted throw as a table covering along with the cozy setting and pillows...it's almost like being in a pink dreamy boudouir to have a little party. Some really great finds on this table too; I am in love with all the dishes on here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Pink Saturday, Kim. We have been pinking together for a short while now, and I want to thank you for everything you do to make Pink Saturday special. I am so glad you decided to participate.

    Thank you for the birthday wishes. Everything looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. Won't you take a moment to let me know you visited.