Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Red and Green Christmas Headstone Topper...





Each year as we all begin to celebrate the Christmas season I always make wreaths or cemetery stone toppers for our loved ones who are no longer with us. I have always enjoyed making each piece special and this year was no different. I also had many orders for wreaths and stone toppers this year. When I take an order for a cemetery piece I like to ask each client to tell me a little about "their" loved one and what was special to them. I then create a piece that is unique, that also has meaning to the family and I like to add a photo of their loved one to the topper. It may take me a few hours to make a topper but I enjoy each moment of it knowing that this may be the only item that someone can give to a loved one that is no longer here. My customer's are so kind and usually are quite emotional when they come to pick up their topper or wreath. A little bit of me goes into my work and I think they can feel that as well.
This topper was made for a dad, it was made to honor him for the Holidays. I used the traditional red and green Christmas colors for this arrangement. I really think it came out beautifully...





1 comment:

  1. The wreath is a pretty work of art...I would love to have this talent. I am needing to make one for my mother she passed away in Jan. Blessing Trish

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. Won't you take a moment to let me know you visited.